Serves 10 – DF, V
2 cups Rolled oats
1/2 cup Peanuts
1/2 cup Walnuts
1/2 cup Cashews
1 cup Pumpkin seeds
2 tblsp Chai seeds
1 cup Goji berries
3 tblsp Rice malt syrup
1/3 cup Coconut oil
1. Turn oven on to 160 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Add rolled oats, chopped nuts, seeds, and chia seeds to large bowl.
3. In separate bowl add coconut oil and rice malt syrup and melt in microwave, for roughly 30 seconds until liquid.
4. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients and mix well together, there should be enough liquid to completely coat the mixture, once coated, add 1/4 cup of water to further coat mixture.
5. Once mixed together, add to baking tray and pat firmly together. Cook in oven for 20-30 minutes, checking half way to make sure the mixture isn’t cooking too fast. The mixture should smell toasty and the oats should be lightly golden.
6. Take mixture out and add goji berries to top of mixture.
7. Take out and let cool for 30-40 minutes before breaking the mixture up slightly to form chunks.
• This muesli keeps for about 10 days. Keep it in an air tight container and in the cupboard or fridge. I like keeping it in the fridge, it gives it a nice crunch!
• This muesli is really yummy, but remember the mixture is 10 serves – so as tempting as it is, remember not to binge eat it all in a couple of serves.