It’s clear why bliss balls are trending big time at the moment. They are easy to make, they satisfy those sweet cravings and they are deliciously low in nasties because they contain minimal ingredients. These bliss balls are the perfect sweetness, the mixture only contains 7 dates, so they aren’t too rich in flavour for those of us that aren’t big on sweets. The oats and cashews add a nice creamy texture to the mix aswell. Go ahead and enjoy these, no added sugar, good fats and fibre rich little heavenly snacks!
Makes 12 – VG
Serving size = 1- 2 balls
7 medjool dates
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1/2 raw cashews
1.5 tbsp. coconut oil
- Soak the cashews in water for 30 minutes. Strain before using in mixture.
- Combine ingredients and only 1/4 cup of the desiccated coconut into a food processor.
- Process until a sticky, well combined mixture is formed.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out enough mixture to roll/form into a small ball. The mixture will make 12 balls.
- Spread the remaining coconut on baking paper and roll the bliss balls in the coconut to coat.
- Place on a baking tray and put in the fridge to set for roughly 30-40 minutes, then enjoy!
- I put my bliss balls in the fridge because it sets them so they have a “slice/brownie” type consistency.
- These keep, covered in an airtight container in the fridge for between 4 – 6 days.
* I would love to hear about any combination of ingredients you use for your bliss balls! Comment below or email me with your favourite flavour combination! *