I finally decided to give Matcha a go – I have resisted for a long time, but I was shopping at my local, saw it on the shelf and thought, why not? I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I thought using it in a batch of bliss balls might ease me into the flavour as I had heard it is quite strong, and it was! It has quite a distinct, rich flavour – so if you’re new to it like I was, incorporating it into a recipe with other flavours is a good idea.
Makes 12 – VG, DF
Serving size = 1- 2 balls
7 medjool dates
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup almond meal
1 tbsp. organic cacao
1 tbsp. organic, fair trade matcha tea powder
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 tsp. vanilla bean extract
5 squares Loving Earth dark chocolate – raw organic
3 squares Loving Earth caramel chocolate – raw organic
- Combine ingredients into a food processor and process until a sticky, well combined mixture is formed.
- Use a teaspoon to scoop out enough mixture to roll/form into a small ball. The mixture will make 12 balls.
- Place on a baking tray and put in the fridge to set for roughly 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, bring a small saucepan of water to boil on the stove top. Place the chocolate squares in a galss bowl and place on top of saucepan to melt.
- Once melted, roll each ball in the chocolate until covered and place back on the tray. Repeat with all and then place back in the fridge to set, then enjoy!!
- I put my bliss balls in the fridge because it sets them so they have a “slice/brownie” type consistency.
- These keep, covered in an airtight container in the fridge for between 4 – 6 days.